New Year's Resolution

>> Sunday, February 17, 2008


Someone said that New Year's Resolutions should be made 2 or 3 months into the year... that way, you don't have the pressure put on you that everyone else does!!!! I don't know if that's true, but I know that I have made the resolution to learn 10 - yes, TEN! - new crafting techniques this year! Not all of the experiments will make it to my etsy shop, LOL - some won't even see the light of day!!! But so far, I don't think I've done too badly!!!!

Here are the ones I've tackled so far:

1. Earring Spirals - the tutorial is in KaeLynn's shop - http://kaelynndesign.etsy.com/

2. Bookbinding - I bought a kit from MyHandboundBooks - the kit is WONDERFUL!!! Too bad I need a little more practice, LOL!!! - http://myhandboundbooks.etsy.com/


3. Wire Wrapping - see the photo above! I took at class and I tell you, I AM IN LOVE!!! I can't get enough of this - and combined with semi-precious stones, what a DREAM! They are selling quite well and I'm really happy with the way they turn out. I now have a section in my shop dedicated to these rings - and I've only been making them for two weeks! YAY ME!

4. Precious Metal Clay - this one I've been working up to - and it kind of straddles last year too. I had taken a PMC class in early 2007, bought a kit and some clay... and then it sat in the basement for almost a year. I know, I know, very sad - but I finally got the courage to break out the clay and I am so glad that I did!

So I have 6 more to go... I am saving up all of my etsy money to take a metalsmithing class, so we'll see how it goes!

You're never too old to learn new things. And I'm really excited!

P.S. thanks to everyone who has been participating in my little etsy contest - keep posting your comments and I'll choose someone to feature this week!!!!

8 comments:

Rebecca D. Dillon February 17, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

Sounds like you're going to have a blast crafting! http://soapdeli.etsy.com

Tizzalicious February 17, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

That's the coolest resolution ever!

yellowfish February 17, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

I'm also saving my etsy money for a metal smithing class :) (slowly!!). good luck to you and your resolutions!

picciolo February 17, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Hi, good luck with your resolutions! I found your blog through your thread on the etsy forum, I will be back to visit again!
: )

Unknown February 17, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

Here's to New- New resolutions!

Unknown February 17, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

My new years resolution was to get my etsy shop up and running. Im thrilled I stuck to it. Yours is much more ambitious. Your blog is really well done. That is the next thing I should tackle...how to blog. Good luck! Lizart29

Alaska Hot Doggies February 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

you are a crafting MACHINE, muffins!

Infinite Cosmos February 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

that sounds like so much fun! My new craft i learned was book/journal making. You can check out my blog to see all the journals i made last month. It's so fun!
good luck learning new crafts and have tons of fun!!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP