>> Tuesday, January 6, 2009
it's 3:13am here and for some reason, i'm awake. so is the mini-muffin. i've been surfing the internet and etsy looking for cool things, downloading music for my ipod for my walk on the treadmill later this morning, and listening to the hum of our ancient furnace... and also thinking about what the new year is going to bring! seriously, i'm quite proud of the fact that i completed my last year's crafting resolutions, have a fabulous consignment agreement with the wonderful Paula over at The Cat's Meow in Illinois, participated in my first craft show, and that this year is going to be the year that our little daughter is born!
like any good small business owner though, it is important to reflect on how one would like their business to develop in the future (hence the picture of my rustic reflecting pool earrings above, LOL) , and i'd really like to set some goals for myself again this year. so, in the spirit of insomnia, here goes...
- i'd really like to think about revamping my "corporate identity" (to borrow a term from Marketing 101). new cards, new banner, new website perhaps?
- i'd like to be more organized with my business paperwork. who else keeps all their receipts in a kitchen drawer/grocery bag? my accountant is going to kill me come 2008 tax time.
- i am super excited about the metalsmithing class that i start next week. i wonder which creative direction that will take me?
- i'd like to look at smaller craft shows this year and see what happens. (the husband has already offered to take care of the mini - i love you, beb!)
- i'd like to be more organized in regards to my space. i can't even find the photo that i took to post here because even my computer files are disorganized. sigh.
not too much to ask for the next 12 months? we'll see... :)