Here We Go... AGAIN!

>> Sunday, February 17, 2008

Okay, this is my SECOND attempt at keeping a blog... if it weren't for the Trading Team, I would never have gotten the hang of this blogger thing!!!! LOL!!!!


This is me in a nutshell - I'm a crafty lady hiding behind a youngish, married urban professional in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've always been an artistic person - in my first go at school, I got my degree in Fine Arts but figured it wasn't financially lucrative... so I went into Social Services, a more financially lucrative field, but as it turns out, not by MUCH! The best thing I got out of that career decision has been my wonderful, loving supportive husband, D!!!!
About a year ago, I was going through a difficult time, and my friend Becks introduced me to beading. We had a girls' day, headed to Michaels, bought me some beads and pliers, got McDonalds for lunch, and she showed me the basics. From that moment, I couldn't stop.

At first, my beading stuff filled one small drawer in our kitchen... then a space on the kitchen counter and the drawer... then the kitchen table, the counter, AND the drawer... then I started making more sock monkeys too and it was all on the floor under the kitchen table... I think you get my drift. My cousin J introduced me to ETSY and I signed up and from then on, I was totally addicted.

My little shop has been doing quite well, I think, in the 6 months or so that I've been at ETSY. I am quite happy with the things that I've learned since I started doing this again, and I'm so excited to share this journey!!!! Hopefully I will be able to keep up with this a little bit more than I have been... now I wish I had stuck with it and documented my progress!!! Oh well, better late than never!!!

Some highlights so far:
* I was briefly on the Front Page at ETSY - whoo hoo!!!

* I totally blew through my 2008 goal of 250 sales - had to revamp to 300!!! (fingers crossed)
* AkHotDoggies and beadelicious have been conspiring with me to create the new ETSY Trade-a-Holics Team and we had our first team event last weekend - how FUN!!!!
* I've also made a New Year's Resolution to learn 10 new crafting techniques this year... I'll blog about that later!
I'm hoping to show off not only my creations but those of others' too so that the world can finally realize the power of all things crafty!!!! Let's GO!!!!

xoxoox muffin





16 comments:

Felicia February 17, 2008 at 5:17 AM  

Congratulations on your reblogging. I just celebrated my blog and etsy first anniversaries and I've had heaps of fun. Enjoy!

Hey Harriet February 17, 2008 at 5:37 AM  

Looking good! Congrats & great to hear you've plunged back into blogging again :)

EtsyBlabbler February 17, 2008 at 5:38 AM  

Wishing you luck on your blogging attempts. I have been trying to start a blog, but haven't got around to doing it yet.

DesignsByTracey.Etsy.Com

Denise February 17, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

I loved reading your story.
All the best in your future endeavours.

MyStudio.etsy.com

KieutiePie February 17, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

I dind't know the trade team was so new! That thread was fun =}

Anonymous,  February 17, 2008 at 6:24 AM  

Very nice blog, wishing you lot's of luck for your blogging, mmm need to update mine again.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn February 17, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

Very inspirational..and somewhat like my story..started out going to school majoring in art...things change and am currently an RN..getting back in touch with my artistic side!

sound&fury February 17, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

best of luck with your blogging attempts (first hand experience here of the whole sitting down and going 'hmm.. now what will I write?'). Guess I'm not alone in the whole "help! my craft is taking over every inch of clear space" problem.
=D

Jenia February 17, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Congrats on making it to the first page! Good luck with your sales!

(jeniarand.etsy.com)

robyn's nest February 17, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

Welcome back from a fellow blogger and Etsian!
http://robynsnest.etsy.com

UniqueNurseGranny February 17, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Your blog is fun reading.I am impressed with your work and your sales.I love beading also.My favorites are earrings.Recently did some glass etching.Eager to srr what you decide to try next

Unknown February 17, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Great promo idea muff! You can sheck out my blog too. To me, that would be better than winning a prize!

Sherry February 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

how ambitious you are! if you ever need any PMC help, just let me know!

Tackyhandmade February 17, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

Wow...MUffin top, you certainly do a great blogging job. My favorite link was bookbinding, I addded that shop to my Etsy favs.

Your wire wrapping is lovely, I adore that ring. Kudos.

Check out my shop when you get time:
tackybackintime

Thanks!!

Art Lady Manor February 17, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

I think you are doing great with your blog. I really need to work on mine, but I'm not much of a writer. I think yours is interesting. Great job!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP