still thinking about the name change...

>> Thursday, October 27, 2011

 i am still thinking about renaming my shop.  even though i am horribly relucant to let go of the "muffintop" (the one i possess in real life, not so much, sigh!) i really do feel like i should.  i know that julie and L doth protest much, and M likes the muffin stamp i designed ages ago and still use on my packaging, but i think that "jewelry by muffin top designs" does not look professional as a byline on the fashion pages of InStyle.  not that i'd ever get there, but a girl can dream, can't she?  i also seem to get a lot of web traffic to my blog and my shop by people searching for things like "muffin top jewelry" or "muffin top shop".  can i give that up?  i don't know.

anyhow, the latest name i am enamored with is "TheLovelySmith".  (i wiki-ed the definition of "smith" - here it is.)  i can envision a handcrafted wooden sign hanging outside a small, thatched roof studio cottage in the forest and me hammering over an open flame.  kind of dorky and sappy, huh?  i do kind of feel badly referring to myself as "lovely" (self-esteem is not my strong point, obviously) but it just FITS for some reason.  i don't know if i can parlay the muffin into a lovely smith, but maybe this is what i've been looking for?

3 comments:

Anonymous,  October 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM  

i think the TheLovelySmith is a great choice

Anonymous,  October 27, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

Well, you are TheLovelyCylene so I don't see why not, but yes, I doth protest too much to leave muffintop:(
But I don't have a creative bone in my body (which also has a non-lovely muffintop) so go for it!!

Anonymous,  October 30, 2011 at 12:26 AM  

TheLovelySmith describes you and what you do perfectly

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP