walk.

>> Sunday, April 10, 2011

i wake up this morning - totally late, which is surprising - and lie in bed assessing how my body feels after yesterday's athletic fiasco. (not like that, get your head out of the gutter.) it appears that my lower back and glutes have borne the brunt of the soreness, while there is slight stiffness in my upper back, traps and triceps. (i think that it's from pushing the mini in the swings last night for an hour at the park behind our house - that kid could just LIVE in the swings.) i rotate my ankles and they hurt a little too but not too badly.

so i get up and awesomely enough, my legs don't hurt much and i can walk. i had told L last night that i was pretty sure that i had crippled myself but yay! (not that she can be sympathetic, the girl bikes 20kms a day and always looks frickin' fantastic) it isn't that i'm going to try running again today (i am sooo not), but i'm glad i didn't kill myself. nothing like having to take a sick day because you were trying to be healthy.

in the light of this, i give you my most favorite jesus & mary chain song, "the hardest walk". because i fully expected it to be that way today.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP