jewelry for anxious people. (insert trademark here)

>> Tuesday, February 7, 2012


it's funny how you can connect with people over the internet - for a unabomber like me, it gets me my quotient of socialization without having to struggle with the nuances of going out.  and this example just rocks my world.  anne-marie, the fantastic bloggess making that amazing traveling red dress (check out her blog about anxiety, depression and conception here) had ordered some stacking rings from me last year and via the power of the twitter-verse, email, etsy and instagram (damn you, why is there not an instagram for BlackBerry???) we've slowly built a connection. 

i love anne-marie's blog because it is frank and honest and admittedly, she is pretty darn funny.  and now, she is the owner of one of my spinnerette rings - check out the gorgeous pictures above!  she has written the loveliest blog post connecting my ring with cognitive-behavioural techniques (CBT for short) and her own struggles to deal with panic attacks.  not only is it totally relevant, but it resonates with the art therapist/mental health worker in me.  THIS is why i make things.  THIS is why i melt metal.  take THAT, thesis advisor!!!! 

i sense an entire new line of anxious people jewelry. rings, bangles, earrings, necklaces.  because we rock like that, right, anne-marie???

1 comments:

Anne-Mare @ Do Not Faint February 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM  

It was Heartsy! I found you through Heartsy. In case you weren't sure *that* venture was a good idea!

And yes, we rock like that. You should send me samples of all the ideas and I'll let you know if they work. ;)

PS I am way more social online than in real life. How do people begin conversations before they know what they have in common? It's beyond me.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP