a picture says a thousand words.

>> Sunday, August 21, 2011

i've been working on my product photography lately - any online shopper will tell you that photos of your items are crucial.  for me, the pictures speak volumes and i would like to think that my photos give an idea of what my creations look like.  it's hard for me to want to purchase something that has been taken on a bedspread with a flash (and sometimes the time and date stamp, no less!) no matter how wonderful the item is. 

i have had to get used to our new house and new lighting conditions, since natural light is my favorite and this house is oriented oppositely (yeah, i don't know if that's a real word, but this is my blog so who cares?) than our old one.  the paint the previous owners had in the living room was a creamy, buttery yellow (did somebody say that 70's show?) that cast a horrible reddish tone on every jewelry photo i took.  now that we've gone with a more neutral taupe, it's totally changed for the better.  who knew it would make such a big difference! 

1 comments:

Anonymous,  August 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM  

I'm glad you can take pretty pictures of your precious goods, they deserve to be showcased in the best possible light...and on the prettiest hand :) L

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP