And The Bride Wore Indie... SUMMER CONTEST!

>> Monday, June 23, 2008



i LOVE mixed tapes. i LOVE romantic, sappy songs. i LOVE alternative/indie music. even though i've been married more than ten years, i'm in the middle of compiling the best alternative/indie romantic compilation ever!!!! however, there is only so much that i can find on my own, so i'm hoping to have a little help from my friends!



here is my playlist so far -




The Luckiest – Ben Folds - seriously, i get teary-eyed everytime i hear this song
The Book of Love – Peter Gabriel - the husband even loves this one too
When I’m With You – Faber Drive
Closer - Travis
We Are Man and Wife – Michelle Featherstone - one of the most perfect wedding songs EVER
Dusting Down the Stars – Mobile
Like I Love You – BellX1 - a stripped down version of mr. timberlake's classic
Stuttering – Ben’s Brother - yes, i know it's a dentyne commercial, so shoot me
Forever – Ben Harper
You and Me Song – Wannadies
I Love How You Love Me – Beth Orton
Question – Old 97’s - you HAVE to listen to these lyrics!
Everlong (acoustic) – Foo Fighters - of course, Dave Grohl has the soul of a romantic poet
Goreki – Lamb
You and Me – Lighthouse
I Love You Anyways – Travis
Only You – Joshua Radin - a Yaz cover, almost done better!
Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
Just Like Heaven – Katie Melua - so sweet, so dreamy!
Lazy Eye – Silversun Pickups
It's Only Time - Magnetic Fields



i'm also loving the string quartet arrangements of Coldplay and The Smiths - especially "please please please let me get what i want" and "in my place"



in the spirit of romance, i'm offering up this contest: post your favorite(s) romantic songs here on my blog, and the story behind it! the most romantic storyteller will win a pair of my Bridal Bling earrings (shown here)! (and they don't have to be indie or alternative... i just love a good story!)







the deadline is July 5th - my birthday! i WANT to hear your sappy stories! i can't wait to make the best alt-rom mixed tape!



12 comments:

Laurie June 24, 2008 at 7:08 AM  

Just You and I...by Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle.

It was my wedding song to my first husband.
I have been widowed twice and he was my daughters father.
I loved him for 17 years right up to the day I had to disconnect the machines and say goodbye. That was 2005

Laurie June 24, 2008 at 7:18 AM  

I know its not Indie...but it is a great song

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her June 25, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

I'm not a sappy song lover - but I love this post!

I've been with my souse over 30-years now . . . and we often laugh and say "they don't write 'em like that any more' when we hear songs ike ...

Love Stinks, for instance. Or ... there's a Nine Inch Nails tune ...

:)

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio June 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

I just love both of your shops...gocco and jewelry! You are quite the talented woman!

CelticKnot June 26, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Brown Derbies - Romeo and Juliet

My husband and I started dating 6 months before he joined the Navy. We discovered this song shortly before he left for boot camp. When we first heard this song we both cried. We would frequently listen to it when we were apart. 7 years later we're still happily married. <3

jamijewelry June 28, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

this may sound like a strange one, but one of our favorites is "We're going to be friends" by the white stripes. it is very child-like, which fits us. we met in high school (just 16) and act like we are about 7! we are best friends and one of the best things about us together is that we bring out the wonder and silliness we had as kids in each other. i always tell him he is my favorite playmate! lol.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn June 29, 2008 at 7:31 AM  

My Almost Lover, by A Fine Frenzy. Just found this last week and it is so beautiful.

Anonymous,  June 29, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

I can`t share the story. I still find it hard to believe I am married to the most beautiful wonderful man and dad, but Come Away with Me by Norah Jones is the one.....My heart skips a beat.
Now off to read the other sappy stories....LOL

Anonymous,  June 29, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

I dont have a song, but I wanted to you to know that those earrings are fabulous!

jmillen June 29, 2008 at 5:21 PM  

"If" by Bread, and every other song on their Best of Bread album.

It was 1977, I was with my very first boyfriend, smooching in his basement for hours on end. We thought we were IN LOVE and would be together forever.

If you were a teenager during the late 70's you can probably relate!

Julie

Arty Allsorts June 29, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Stay with me 'til Dawn - Judie Tzuke - heard on the radio at 5am as we were driving home from somewhere (needless to say, we were much younger then!) and it just stuck with us. Hubby managed to find a CD copy to play at our wedding and then for our 5th anniversary, he found a company that turns vinyl discs into silver coated and framed displays. This year was our 20th anniversary (of our 1st date, not wedding) and he got the hotel DJ to play it for us - isn't he just the best?

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP