changing my name.

>> Wednesday, October 12, 2011


no, not my REAL name - but my etsy shop name.  for a while now, i've been kicking around the idea of renaming my store.  while sweet and cute, "muffintopdesigns" probably fit me when i was making bright beaded jewelry and sewing sock monkeys, but, alas, i no longer do that.  (seriously, i barely ever touch my beads anymore.  sigh.)  one of the biggest reasons that i haven't done that - and honestly, probably the ONLY one - is because i didn't want to have to give up my sales stats and feedback to start a brand new shop, which was the only way i would have been able to do it before.  (and admittedly, i think it's kind of neat that people refer to me as "muffin".)

but now, etsy has made it possible for me to change my shop name, while redirecting my old URL to my storefront.  it's all outlined in this article here, and i'm kind of excited.   (sidenote - of course i just ordered 500 business cards from vistaprint, isn't that always the way it goes?) so i have about a week to think about whether or not i want to change things up, or let them remain the same. 

not that i'm a lemming, but i would love your honest feedback about whether or not a name change would be good.  i'm really torn and could use some insight.  i would be changing it to some variant of my real name or something along the lines of "solder & flux designs" (as long as it isn't taken). 

anyways.  thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous,  October 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

i think a name change is definitely a step in the right direction. your work is beautiful and has an elegance to it that is missed by your old name.

Anonymous,  October 12, 2011 at 8:35 PM  

I think cute and fun is still representative of you and your beautiful creations...so as long as you keep something that reflects that in the name...something that distinguishes you from all the rest (because I know how unique you are) then go for it. But I still love the original name and would be sad to see it go :( L

Julie October 13, 2011 at 2:54 AM  

I am so torn!!! I just adore your old name, but completely understand your desire to change. I say do what feels right...I think you have been wanting to make the change for awhile now so take the plunge. Your huge fan base will continue to be customers no matter what you are called!
HUGS!!! - J

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP