Late Night Musings...

>> Thursday, August 6, 2009

i know i'm supposed to be sleeping. all the books tell you to sleep when your baby sleeps. but i can't. the mini goes to sleep (and usually, the husband does too), and i hit my second wind. my head gets full of design ideas, random thoughts, things to look up on wikipedia, or i fire up the torch to make a set of rings. i should be sleeping.


instead, i make a new "knotted up" necklace - one of my favourites. i try to drum up some interest in my blog giveaway. (not that i'm posting about this to promote it again) i wonder why it seems like my hair is starting to fall out. i read a chapter of "New Moon", which i am rereading for the second time in preparation for the movie. i start casting a set of maple pods in fine silver. i clean the kitchen and load the dishwasher. i eat some camembert cheese and potato chips, wash it down with chocolate soy milk, then feel guilty. i catch up on some of my bookmarked blogs. i think about how i wish i had named my company something more elegant than "muffin top". i polish my toenails.


but i know that soon the baby will wake up to eat. i will inhale her sweet baby powder smell and put her back into her crib... and finally, crawl into bed myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  August 6, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Sorry stupid typo. I meant to say. Ooh that's pretty. It reminds me of yarn. I like it

Kate8085 August 6, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

The best work comes out of the middle of the night..I was born at 4:02 in the morning..go figure! haha.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin August 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I never could do the sleep when baby sleeps thing. I totally get a late night second wind!

Bethany August 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

She's so adorable!! I always tried doing chores in the house when my baby was asleep.. :)

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP