Is It Love? Or COLIC?

>> Tuesday, June 16, 2009




If you can believe it, the mini muffin turned 8 weeks this past Monday and wow, has it been a wild ride for the past couple of weeks! About 2 weeks ago, around 6ish in the evening, she'd start to get really fussy. Wanting to feed all the time, using my boob as a pacifier, squirming around, and just generally fussing. Totally unlike her usual calm, zen self - but after about an hour or so, she'd eventually settle down, feed, and go to sleep.
the husband and i were thinking that maybe she was colicky. but everyone we talked to say that we'd KNOW if she had colic - if we were questioning it, she didn't have it! lots of babies, apparently, have this "witching hour" - believe me, it's WITCHY! it's so hard to hear her crying - which sometimes she just does because nothing seems to be sitting right with her - i've burst into tears right alongside her. sigh! motherhood!!!!! on the up side, we put her crib together on the weekend and she's taken to it like a duck to water. she's also enamored with her mobile! ah, the small things in life!

they say that colic in babies peaks at 6 weeks and drops slowly from there, which, if she does have a touch of colic, i'm so hoping we're on the downward slope. the past 2 weeks must also be a growth spurt because she feeds constantly all day. I used to wonder what that meant. How could a baby feed constantly? well, she does. she totally gives me that lovely little bewitching smile, and of course, how can i resist when i lift up my shirt and she gets soooo excited? i don't think that ANYONE has ever gotten that excited for me to take off my top! to top it all off, the mini also is a puker - i actually ordered some custom made burp cloths and bibs just to make the experience a little more pleasant for me since puking distresses me so much. i just want to do everything that i possibly can to keep this baby happy and content... i know that it's probably impossible, but at least i can try, right? i've gotten some good advice from my etsy pals - thanks, smilemoon and magymai!
in consolation - and probably because the mini doesn't like sitting in the basement with me when i'm online - i bought myself a new laptop and wireless router so that i can surf while breastfeeding. whatever gets you through, right? i'm also awaiting some new sterling silver wire so that i can fire up the torch during nap time and get some new designs in my shop! i've been working with the idea of a clasped set of stacking rings - i've successfully made two sets for customers, but am itching to put another slant on it.
i can't believe she's napped long enough for me to write this long blog post! hmmmm... i wonder what she's dreaming of... probably eating again!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

She is beautiful. If she naps, she doesn't have colic! When she does get fussy, try running the vacuum cleaner. Babies love the sound. I had a colicky baby (it was HORRIBLE!!!) and I taped the sound of the vacuum cleaner. Also, the static sound from a tv station channel you don't get. Place her near the washing machine when it is running. My mom used to put my child in the stroller and stick her in the garage next to the washing machine to get her to sleep! LOL Need more tips? Contact me.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Web Development Services

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP